Monday, November 28, 2005

Everyone Worth Knowing

Everyone Worth Knowing was pretty good. Again, people doing crazy jobs that I'd never even knew existed and sound a little far fetched. It's hard to believe people actually live like that and have those kind of lives. I also finished Waiting yesterday. Just in time for book club tonight! For different reasons, this was also about a complete different lifestyle and culture that is hard to imagine. I don't know if I felt bad for Lin, the main character, or not. I guess I feel worst for his wife, Shuyu. I'm not sure how I feel about Manna Wu either. It seems like they all ended up in situations that they couldn't really do anything about. That frustrates me b/c I feel like people should have more control over their lives. We'll have a lot to discuss at book club tonight.

I'm going to suggest The Myth of You and Me and Long Way Down and I need to come up with one more. I'm considering A Town Like Alice, or To Kill a Mockingbird, my two favorite books. I doubt either would be chosen but I still might suggest them.

No comments: