Friday, December 09, 2005

Waiting

We sort of discusses Waiting, by Ha Jin, at book club the other night. Only 3 people actually read it, so the discussion was kind of short. Maybe 15 minutes. Then we spent an hour and a half in the hot tub talking about non-book related things. A good time was had by all. I suggested The Myth of You and Me, A Long Way Down and To Kill a Mockingbird. For some reason, we ended up selecting 2 books, To Kill a Mockingbird and The Myth of You and Me so I get to prepare questions for both books. That also means I need to read both of them. Better get started. Book club meets again on Dec. 19th.

Right now I'm reading Snowed In by Christina Bartolomeo and I'm still plugging away at First Families. I think it's time I acknowledged that I'm just not going to finish it. It's not that it's a bad book, I just never pick it up before bedtime. Maybe if I moved it downstairs I'd read more of it. Snowed In is about a woman who moves from DC to Portland, Maine with her husband. Their relationship isn't the greatest, so it talks a lot about what she does and he is more of a peripheral character. It's alright.

I feel like I must have read something else recently, but I can't think of anything. Snowed In is taking me quite a while. Ryan's eating less or more quickly, so my reading time is decreasing.

No comments: