Tuesday, November 22, 2005

The Mommy Fund

I recently finished The Mommy Fund by Madeleine Jacob. It was okay, a little hard to believe. There was also a whole lot of nothing in it. The whole shopping spree part was sort of long winded but unimportant. It could've been summed up a lot more succintly and not drawn out as much. I got that they went shopping and had their hair done and bought all these nice clothes, but ho hum, sort of boring. It also wasn't very believable, which is one of my pet peeves.

All in all, okay, not great. They could've cut way down on the New York trip and expanded the part at the end where the Mommy Fund (hence the title and, you would think, an important part of the book) is developed. They kind of glossed over exactly what the Mommy Fund is and how it worked.

I'm still reading First Families: The Impact of the White House on Their Lives by Bonnie Angelo and have started Everyone Worth Knowing by Lauren Weisberger. I'm not that far into it. What I should really be reading is Waiting by Ha Jin, my book club book. We meet on Monday. Ack!

No comments: