Friday, February 20, 2015

Lucky Alan and Eleanor Marx

There are two books coming out the week of Feb. 23rd that have been on my radar for a while - Lucky Alan by Jonathan Lethem and Eleanor Marx: A Life by Rachel Holmes.

 Lucky Alan by Jonathan Lethem is a short story collection. This collection is described as both humorous and scintillating. I like short stories that are well written and have good, well thought out characters. This has been on my to-read list since September so I'm hoping it's worth the wait.

I first read about Eleanor Marx: A Life by Rachel Holmes on Edelweiss last July. Biographies appeal to me because I love learning about people, about their lives, their histories, their families, pretty much everything about them. I especially enjoy biographies or memoirs about strong, interesting women. The first line of this book's description, "Unrestrained by convention, lionhearted and free, Eleanor Marx (1855–98) was an exceptional woman." caught my eye and piqued my interest. She sounds as fascinating as her famous father.

No comments: