Wednesday, January 21, 2015

The Opposite of Maybe, Maddie Dawson

This book followed Rosie, the main character, as she dealt with a slew of life-changing events. At times it was frustrating to see her just floating along and making big decisions almost in a cloud, or not making decisions and going along with what other people want or expect her to do. I felt that Tony did that as well - going along with what his ex-wife wanted even when it involved his son who he obviously loved. Rosie did call him out on this, not seeming to realize she often did the same thing.

Most of the characters were likeable and believable, including Rosie. I cared about what happened to her and her baby and was rooting for her to make the right decision. Soapie was one of the characters that I didn't care for. She seemed to abrasive and too dismissive of Rosie, and it sounded like that was how she had been to her all along, quick to tell her she didn't want to be saddled with raising her.

I thought this was a well written book that I wanted to keep reading because I had to find out what happened.


4 stars
 

I received an advanced reader copy of this book.

No comments: