Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Twelve Sharp

I finished three books this week. Somehow I'm finding more time to read these past few weeks. It's kind of nice. I read Twelve Sharp, the latest in the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich. I thought it was good. The books are becoming very similar. I think in a previous book she was kidnapped, taken to a remote location and chained in a bathroom. I could be wrong. I still liked it, but it wasn't as laugh out loud funny as some of the earlier books. Also, I kept waiting for her car to blow up, and it never happened! She did have to accompany her Grandma to a funeral, so that hasn't changed.

I also recently read Baby Proof by Emily Giffin. I had read her Something Borrowed and Something Blue and really enjoyed them. This one was a bit of a disappointment. I didn't like the main character at all. I wasn't crazy about the storyline either. It just didn't do much for me.

Earlier today I finished Queen of Babble by Meg Cabot. It was a bunch of fluff, but I liked it. The main character was very flaky, which I usually find annoying. I found it annoying this time too, but I liked the supporting cast of characters. Parts of the book reminded me of Sophie Kinsella's Can You Keep a Secret? The ending was kind of open-ended, so I'm wondering if there might be a sequel in the future.

No comments: