Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Red Dress Ink Jackpot!

I went to the Book Expo in DC last weekend and stumbled upon a Red Dress Ink book signing. I was so excited! You can tell I don't get out much. There were a bunch of my favorite authors from that publisher signing their books. Some of the books I got signed were:

Girls Night Out, a short story collection I had signed by Marian Keyes (one of my favorites!), Meg Cabot and Laura Caldwell. I read this already and really enjoyed it. The stories were really good for the most part, and I wanted to read more.

Me vs. Me, by Sarah Mlynowski. I read this as well and really enjoyed it. I was happy with the "Me" that she chose in the end and (spoiler ahead) was happy that she and Cam ended up together. I was also pleased that Cam was not the same guy who refused to elope at the end of the AZ part of the story, but seemed to have changed as well.

I also had books signed by Carole Matthews, Mindy Klasky and one or two others whose names escape me right now. All in all, a great surprise for me!

I also had a book called My Father the Dog signed by the author. It's a very cute children's book I"m going to give Mark for Father's Day. He'll really like it. I had it signed for Ryan.

Otherwise, I'm still reading the Queen biography which is really interesting. Their lives at the time sound like all they did was record and tour. It's hard to imagine how they had a personal life outside of that. I need to start reading Chang & Eng, but I still have 2 weeks until book club.

No comments: